About Mediabiz International
Founded in 1999 and based in Montreal, Mediabiz International sits at the core of a group of companies dedicated to the development, financing, production and distribution of quality audiovisual content across the spectrum of genres, broadcast and released on all platforms and intended for the international and domestic markets. Mediabiz serves as an interface between banks, media groups, producers, distributors, government agencies and investment funds located across Canada, the United States, Europe, the Middle East and Asia, .
The company’s established and growing international reputation as a strategic partner with niche skills, expertise and tools has enabled it to participate in the development and management of complex, innovative, world-class financing and production structures. In 2017, Mediabiz launched its partnership with American investors to create new equity funds based in the United States. The combination of its financial expertise and worldwide network has allowed Mediabiz to develop a truly unique know-how based in Canada.
Please visit our website for more information: https://mediabizinternational.com/
Reporting to the lawyers of the Business and Legal Affairs department, the Business and Legal Affairs Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing and administering various production and corporate related business and legal affairs. You will be an integral team member of the Business and Legal Affairs department.
Main responsibilities of the ideal candidate will include but are not limited to:
- Monitor various production, financing and distribution activities, including communicating and tracking contractual obligations, payments, approval requirements, reporting requirements, delivery milestones and schedules;
- Direct and frequent communication with key production and post-production personnel teams to ensure a pro-active collaborative approach;
- Liaising on screen credits, clearances, insurance, deliveries, broadcaster requirements, treaty and tax credit compliance;
- Monitor and maintain register of production-related copyright, trademark and domain names registrations in the United States and Canada and coordinate filing requirement compliance;
- Work closely with lawyers in preparing and managing agreements and licences including ensuring timely and accurate compliance by production partners with regulations and contractual obligations overall;
- Understanding the provincial and federal tax credit and Canadian-content regulations (i.e. OMDC, SODEC, Telefilm, CAVCO and other provincial and federal agencies administering tax credit compliance and funding eligibility), and assisting production partners with adhering to such requirements;
- Assist in maintaining corporate records including minute books and various corporate filing requirements;
- Follow and contribute toward improving “best practices”, as well as creative problem solving and troubleshooting on day-to-day business affairs/production matters;
- Participate in the company’s digital (paperless) transition and maintains the Business and Legal Affairs department’s filing;
- Liaising with all other departments (production, finance, distribution, post-production on various business affairs issues and providing general business and legal affairs administrative support.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Master oral and written English;
- Have good command of oral and written French;
- Have a minimum of 3-years experience in a similar position and knowledge of the television and film production industry;
- Be autonomous, dynamic, flexible, highly organized and have the ability to work under pressure within short deadlines;
- Have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritize;
- Be highly reliable, with the ability to self-manage, problem solve and exercise excellent judgement;
- Be able to excel in a high-pressure, deadline-oriented environment;
- Have excellent professional verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills;
- Thrive in a busy environment and enjoy daily collaboration and communicating with a large (and growing!) team.
Looking to quickly fill the position.
Part time (24-30hrs) with possibility of full time.
Salary will be determined according to experience and industry standards.
Only candidates retained for consideration will be contacted.