ABOUT WB GAMES MONTREAL
Since its launch in 2010, WB Games Montréal has more than 300 employees and continues to grow and recruit additional talents. Working with some of Warner Bros. Studios’ biggest brands, including DC Entertainment, the studio is dedicated to developing triple A videogames.
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Community Manager to help build an engaged and loyal community for a AAA unannounced game.
The Community Manager will act as the voice of the game team to the players, while representing the voice of the players to the game team. The Community Manager is responsible for leading the development and execution of community engagement programs, creating compelling content for our community channels, and monitoring the forums.
We are seeking a passionate candidate who has a proven record of success building communities, with an emphasis on games. The ideal candidate must be both a strong individual contributor and have the ability to be a grounded member of a team.
- Create content, including editorial posts for use across multiple channels, polls and contests to engage the community, build loyal fans, spread positive sentiment, and incentivize players to login every day
- Develop a community management strategy in collaboration with the brand manager and the game team
- Develop innovative community management practices as we grow our game
- Monitor, report, and drive key community engagement performance metrics (e.g., reach, engagement, player sentiment)
- Build excitement and relationships on behalf of our games by contributing to community-engagement programs and monitoring community sites and forums
- Manage (franchise) community with an eye toward encouraging good community behavior and improving the overall tone of the community sites and forums
- Extend program beyond (franchise) websites to build external relationships with community partners such as fan sites, influencers, players, teams and volunteers
- Player Feedback
- Provide meaningful feedback to game teams on the community’s sentiment, concerns and suggestions
- Help evaluate and manage new tools to provide better feedback based on solid metrics and analysis
- Interface with other departments to represent and lobby for community interests. In particular, draft requirement documents for new initiatives being developed by other teams as it relates to community
- In conjunction with the Communications team, manage development and delivery of clear, concise messages to players
- Report relevant metrics for (franchise) community team to managers to keep them abreast of team progress, risks, and challenges. Escalate departmental issues to managers where appropriate
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
- Work Experience Requirements
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Record of success in building AAA gaming communities
- Passion for AAA games
- Energetic enterpriser
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Creative thinker with fresh ideas to activate our community
- Dependable team member with positive attitude
- Detail oriented and results driven
- Fluency in French (verbal and written) an asset
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.