Do you tweet, share, and post to social media in your sleep and your friends don’t even need to think about the next group get-together? Are you totally on top of putting together the most epic Oktoberfest or Summer kick-off party?
Our ideal candidate will revel in the idea of engaging with the community not only online but also IRL. In the B2B world, tradeshows and in-person events are still a big deal – and post-covid, you can bet we will be hitting the in-person scene again.
Your role would include handling the logistics involved in planning our participation in the event and taking it from the digital space to the physical and then back again: leveraging visibility leading up to -during and -after the event.
If you’re someone who can build a community of like-minded individuals thanks to excellent community interaction and get a thrill out of watching the number of social followers grow and grow, hit apply now! If you’re detail-oriented and the events - IRL and virtual - you’ve organized are the ones people talk about years after they took place, get on it!
You just might be the team member our crew is dying to meet!
- Build and manage the company's social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and additional channels that may be deemed relevant.
- Generate posts to spread both our brand and our content.
- Monitor and engage in relevant social discussions about our company, competitors, and/or industry, from existing leads and customers and from brand new audiences.
- Run regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success (e.g., Twitter chats, LinkedIn live discussions, etc.).
- Work alongside other marketers and content marketers to adapt and help distribute content that educates and entertains our audience and supports marketing goals.
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence.
- Explore new ways to engage and identify new social networks to reach our target buyers -- bearing in mind that you live to engage and retain them.
- Track, measure and analyze all initiatives to report on social media ROI.
Events (physical and virtual)
- Be the main contact for all event paperwork and contracts for virtual and in-person events.
- Coordinate the logistical requirements for shows, such as transportation and services.
- Create information documents providing relevant details to guide event staff.
- Assist with the setup, facilitation, and completion of marketing events.
- Communicate event information on social media for listing on social media and for posting to the website calendar.
- Maintain merchandise for swag and goodies.
- Travel 2-3 times per year for event management/support.
- Manage our virtual events and webinar schedule and facilitate their production and distribution.
What you'll need
- Have a detail-oriented approach with strong organizational skills, especially when managing logistics calendars and other time-sensitive tasks.
- Possess top-notch written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills (extra points for strong “plain-English” copywriting skills and an eye for design!)
- Be able to multitask while maintaining excellent internal communication.
- Be able to work under pressure and constructively manage stress.
- Be an entrepreneurial, pragmatic, no-bs-minded person who is passionate about contributing to fantastic marketing campaigns and enjoys the ride along the way!
- Have strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across teams.
- Have experience publishing work via a content management system like HubSpot.
- Asana or similar platforms experience a plus.
- Be able to write social media posts in both French and English.
- Possess a strong desire to be part of a solid and fun-loving team that has each others' backs.
We are looking for candidates in the Montreal or Québec City area. Our team is currently working remotely, but we like to get together regularly and we have access to an office space in both Montreal and in Québec. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have questions!