You will lead and support the operation’s team dedicated to delivering an excellent customer experience and revenue growth simultaneously with an opportunity to contribute to every level of the gym's overall success.
You will report directly to the owners. All front desk, customer service, maintenance and fitness training leads will report directly to you.
You are responsible for overseeing the entire operations of the club with the focus on providing a superior customer experience, establishing relationships within the community, managing a full staff.
You will be asked to:
- Manage all aspects of the fitness club, including membership, front desk, facility maintenance, classes, and programs.
- Set short and long term goals, plan future improvements and expansion.
- Achieve targeted results in the areas of financial sustainability, customer satisfaction, revenue/sales performance, and financial returns.
- Maintain a positive relationship between customers and the fitness club through effective communication and outreach program.
- Meet with department heads and owner to facilitate communication of objectives, needs, and concerns.
- Manage budget to maximize profits, overseeing the payroll and department expenditures.
- Effectively recruit, lead, manage, communicate, train and develop necessary staff
- Provide support to the staff so they can achieve growth in while also providing them the opportunity to develop their skills.
- Implement proper employee work schedule
- Ensure that all issues within the club, involving both employees and members, are addressed in an appropriate, respectful and timely manner
- Promote a superior customer experience within the club
- Monitor and oversee employee payroll and scheduling ensuring the club is adequately staffed at all times
- Complete annual performance evaluation
- Maintain High Membership Levels: incme and profit for the business, you will be asked to take actions to increase membership. Help design and implement incentives to members and to attract new members.
- Member Retentin: Develop a communication plan including for a monthly newsletter, emails for client’s first visit, welcome email when signing up, etc.
- T ensure financial control, managers analyze income and expenses, membership fees and equipment leasing costs to find out where the business needs to improve to ensure profitability.
- To grow the business in regards to sales profit, and to motivate staff to achieve this same goal
- Ensure accurate and timely weekly deposits
- Ensure and monitor compliance with all policies, procedures and standards.
- Monitor performance to meet or exceed revenue goals
- Manage the class schedule and mdify based on attendance, improvement opportunities, seasonal changes and holidays
- Wrking with the Customer Experience Lead, create a positive experience for customer by having clear procedures in place, with team.
- Manage inventory in the club (food &clothes) to ensure adequate supplies
- Responsible for Brand Excellence Review coordination and on-going preparation.
- Ensure the accuracy of all club documentation and policies
- Equipment Maintenance and Management: managers draw up inspectin and maintenance schedules and update them periodically. When a fitness machine or other piece of equipment gets worn down with frequent use, gym managers might decide to replace it with a newer model. They monitor demand for different equipment to identify which pieces are used frequently and which are underutilized. Gym managers also review information on new products and make decisions about buying or leasing new equipment.
- Weekly meeting and reprting ongoing operational initiatives.
- Cordinate Monthly report on the financial with accounting team
- To undertake CPR training as required, once a year
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all information acquired at all times.
- Manage all team members to ensure strong communication with the goal of developing effective working relationships and provide regular feedback to assist with motivation, performance management and continued support.
- To undertake any additionally duties or assignments within the overall scope of this position
Background: Fitness and/or leisure industry with knowledge of MBO POS System
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities
- Solid work ethic with strong decision making skills
- Self-starter who takes initiative with minimal direction and supervision
- Comfortable working a flexible rotating schedule
- Basic computer, math, and communication skills required
- Superior customer service skills, preferably in the fitness industry
- Solid supervisory, diplomacy and listening skills
- Basic computer proficiency (Microsoft Suite)
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Hard working, goal oriented, enthusiastic and energetic!