Founded in 1995, YES (Youth Employment Services Foundation), a non-profit community-based organization dedicated to enriching the community by providing English-language support services to help Quebecers find employment and start and grow businesses, is looking to hire a communications and/or public relations professional to develop and implement corporate communications and stakeholder engagement strategies that support and enhance the reputation and growth of the organization.
This is a new position, the selected candidate will be able to build and implement a communications structure and strategy that will complement and leverage the marketing and corporate relations work already in place.
The selected candidate will work collaboratively with the Executive Director and senior staff to promote YES, and will develop the organization’s capacity to engage, nurture and scale relationships with its stakeholders, in particular donors, clients and volunteers. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, experience in integrated communications and a proven record of accomplishment in stakeholder engagement.
- With the marketing team develop an overall brand narrative and raise awareness of the organization within the employment ecosystem and among stakeholders
- Develop and implement a corporate content strategy and calendar in collaboration with the marketing team and its more client-focused content
- Address recurring priorities of strengthening client engagement, YES visibility and fundraising initiatives
- Contribute to the organization’s ability to carry out current and upcoming mandates by assisting key internal clients in their own efforts
- Support the ED in his role as public face and spokesperson for YES
- As a member of the senior staff team, provide effective and inspiring leadership and contribute to the overall management of the organization.
- Serve as a strategic advisor to the Executive Director and senior staff team on issues of communications, media relations, stakeholder engagement and reputation management as needed
- Actively participate in the development of the organization’s strategic goals, and the annual and long-term plan to achieve them
- Cultivate and maintain positive, productive relationships internally with board members, senior staff and employees, and externally with volunteers, community and business leaders, donors, funders and other stakeholders
- Cultivate meaningful, year-round dialogue to build understanding, loyalty and affinity for the YES brand while connecting external stakeholders to YES’s mission
- Develop and execute an integrated communications plan that results in new constituents, more engaged constituents and increased funding while upholding and enhancing the image of a dynamic, caring organization, committed to the employability and success of its clients
- Manage all media relations
- Develop, implement and maintain an efficient system to proactively identify, cultivate, solicit and manage major gifts in partnership with the board and friends of YES
- Participate in the successful planning and execution of YES events, with a view to leveraging opportunities to engage stakeholders through these events
- Review, execute and optimize YES efforts to connect with donors, including the annual direct mail campaign, overseeing the donor database and introducing a donor recognition and stewardship program.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor or graduate degree in Communications, Public Relations or related field
- A minimum of three years of related experience
- Ability to provide strategic perspective
- Impeccable written and oral communications skills in English
- Fluent spoken French, advanced written French a definite asset
- Ease with all technology
- Ability to handle many priorities and make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Broad knowledge of best practices in public relations, including media, community and government relations, advocacy andideally, fundraising
- Superior management skills with outstanding planning and organizing skills
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
- Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven and able to work autonomously
HOW TO APPLY:
Send your cover letter and résumé to the Director of Administration and Personnel via the form.
Only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
YES is committed to equal opportunity employment.