What do you value in a career?
At Agnico Eagle, our values never waver. We believe in trust, respect, equality, family, and responsibility. Why? Because they express who we are, and they have helped us succeed in business for over 60 years.
What does agnico eagle value?
We value you – your unique set of skills and experience. We value your willingness to build those skills and make a meaningful contribution to our company. And, we value your commitment to treat every person on our team with respect, helping us to operate safely, protect the environment and make a positive contribution to our local communities.
About Our Nunavut Operations
Agnico Eagle has three active properties in Nunavut. The Meadowbank open pit mine, in operation since 2010; the Amaruq satellite deposit, which is 50 kilometers northwest of Meadowbank and the Meliadine underground mine, in operation since 2019. To support the Nunavut projects, Agnico Eagle has staff based out of 2 regional offices, located in Val d’Or and Mirabel, Quebec.
Reporting to the Nunavut Communications Coordinator, the Communications Counselor is part of the Community Relations Department and collaborates with other departments at our mine sites. With all of the various projects that he/she will take part in, the Communications Counselor will have the opportunity to propose innovative ways to communicate the different information and will be called upon to develop multiple skills in several areas such as public relations, strategic development, community relations and digital media. The incumbent will hold a strategic role in developing compelling communication strategies to ensure that the goals and objectives are achieved while promoting and respecting Agnico Eagle’s culture, Health & Safety Code of Conduct and the environment.
- Propose compelling communication strategies and implement concrete action plans to achieve the objectives of our Nunavut operations;
- In collaboration with various departments, develop communication strategies and accompany them in the implementation of campaigns and various activities;
- In collaboration with the various stakeholders involved (colleagues, external suppliers, etc.), develop and coordinate innovative communication tools to reach our communities of interest;
- Develop and lead the social media strategy by developing blog post, short stories and interactive Facebook content;
- Ensure the responsiveness of our Facebook pages by executing the social media monitoring and developing communication axes in order to respond to our online communities;
- Support the Nunavut consultation activities by providing new ideas and developing innovative communication tools;
- Support the community relations’ team efforts to provide clear and plain language information to communities of interest by developing strategic communication;
- In collaboration with the community relations team, develop interactive content to demystify mining related subjects;
- Deliver communication services to various line departments within the Nunavut Service Group and Operations;
- Organize and plan public events or press conferences;
- Take part in the crisis management process by proposing different communication methods and briefing the interveners in case of a crisis.
What You Need To Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations or other related field;
- Must have good organizational and time management skills, as well as excellent managerial skills;
- Strong ability to effectively communicate in English is a must (oral and written). Selected candidates must attain a passing mark on a Speexx English language assessment;
- Excellent organizational and planning skills;
- Must have strong interpersonal, team building and leadership skills;
- Excellent working knowledge of all Microsoft Office software especially Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
Your Work Schedule
- Schedule: Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week.
- Based in our Val-d’Or or Mirabel office;
- Regular travel to Kivalliq communities is required.
Join the family
If you are interested in building a career and a sustainable future for Nunavut, learn more about our opportunities.
Complete your online profile, with your resume and a cover letter on our website.
Our Recruitment Team is looking forward to having you onboard. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected will be contacted.