Position: HR Assistant (Bilingual French & English)
Status: Permanent, Full time
Location: Montreal or Toronto Office (with WFH during Covid)
Reports to: HR Manager (in Toronto)
Who are we?
Forsman & Bodenfors (F&B) is a fast-growing, fully integrated, creative agency. We make marketing inventions that create breakthroughs for businesses and brands. We defy the notion that there are no new ideas by pushing ourselves to find new insights, perspectives, processes and technologies that allow us to break the marketing mold.
What will that entail?
F&B is looking for a self-driven bilingual HR Assistant to support our HR Manager. This role will assist with multiple facets of HR and will be a great learning opportunity for someone looking to grow into the next step of their HR career. If you have a pitch-in attitude, a strong sense of discretion and a great team spirit, we want to hear from you!
The HR Assistant will be responsible for administrative support to all HR-related activities such as talent & recruitment, employee experience & relations, performance management, and policies & procedures, for our Montreal & Toronto offices. In addition, this role also supports our sister-agency, Bruce Mau Design, located in Toronto. The successful candidate must be bilingual in order to support the Montreal office and its employees.
- Assist the HR Manager in their day-to-day tasks related to employees and the business;
- Be the first line of contact to all employees – fielding inquiries as appropriate in regard to benefits, payroll, policies and procedures;
- Coordinate the entire cycle of talent & recruitment processes;
- Coordinate the entire employee experience from onboarding to offboarding and everything in between;
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with all levels of the organizations;
- Prepare and update spreadsheets, documents and requests for information;
- Assist in the drafting and updating of work procedures, employment contracts and other HR documents;
- Participate in the development of various corporate human resource management programs and policies;
- Administration of the group insurance programs;
- Liase with payroll as needed;
- Work on the design of various ad hoc HR projects from creation to implementation;
- Understand and apply Federal & Provincial legislation.
Who are we looking for?
- Bilingual (English & French), oral and written.
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources or a related field.
- 1 to 2 years of related work experience, preferably in an agency setting or other creative industry.
- Strong customer service orientation - ability to effectively communicate HR initiatives, policies and procedures to all level employees.
- High attention to detail and solid organizational skills.
- Must be dependable, resourceful and demonstrates a sense of urgency.
- High level of discretion towards sensitive and confidential information.
- Continuous improvement mindset with an ability and eagerness to challenge the status quo.
If you wish to apply, please send your resume via the form.
This position can be in either the Montreal or Toronto office (depending on the location of the successful candidate) but must be fluently bilingual in French & English.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we invite women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities to submit their application.
We thank all applicants that apply; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.