Premiere Bobine / Reel One Entertainment is a dynamic international television distribution company with offices in Montreal, Vancouver, Toronto, Los Angeles and London. Reel One leads the way in the development, financing, production and distribution of high-quality TV programming, and is one of the largest suppliers in the niche of highly commercial TV movies and series. Reel One is looking for a Contract Administrator to work out of its Montreal or Toronto office.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Operations & Distribution, your role will be to administer the rights of our productions & acquisitions. You will track the life cycle of our movies including past, present and future sales from all entities of the Reel One Group. You will be point person for our sales execs and provide information on available film rights. You will draft new sales agreements & negotiate deal terms as necessary with our clients. You will keep our Rights Management software (Filmtrack) up to date on new sales and acquired projects. You will conduct due diligence on any new productions or acquisitions, and you will be the primary liaison with our Business Affairs Department for various distribution related activities.
- Draft acquisition and sale agreements and liaise with producers and broadcasters
- Administer all outbound sales and inbound acquisition and license agreements in our Rights software
- Track the life cycle of past, present and future deals done by the various entities of the Reel One group
- Ensure our Rights Management software (Filmtrack) remains up to date
- Liaise with our sales execs and our in-house lawyer to negotiate terms with the client as necessary (ie: confirmation of windows, deliveries, renewal dates, rights negotiation, financial terms, etc.)
- Keep our external and internal clients up to date on any important events related to the contract (i.e.: title change, windows, options, expirations)
- Generate various reports from our Rights Software Filmtrack and review worldwide rights availabilities
- Register security for all acquisitions, as applicable
- Conduct due diligence for new productions or acquisitions including chain of title review, CAVCO compliance, guild compliance, security status/liens, rights availability, etc.
- Liaise with our in-house lawyer, heads of distribution, finance and business affairs with respect to legal matters that may arise from time-to-time in respect of our distribution rights (i.e. guild issues, third party claims, clearance issues, licensor defaults, etc.). for various business affairs-related activities on an ad-hoc basis
Who You Are
- You are a good decision maker & have a keen eye for detail
- Contract Administration, Legal or Business Affairs or relevant experience is an asset but not a requirement
- You have Administration experience/or educational background in Administration
- You have strong analytical and organizational skills
- You are able to contribute in a close-knit team environment and are a great communicator, but you are also perfectly comfortable working autonomously and can get the job done
- You are confident and capable of discussing with external producers or clients to negotiate terms of agreements
- You are not afraid of multi-tasking and can work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- You take on each day with a great attitude
- You are bilingual with strong communication skills (written and verbal) in the English language