Remote Broadcast Technician
Cogeco Media Acquisition Inc.
Part-time - Montreal
Montreal’s The Beat 92.5 has an exciting opportunity for a, part-time Remote Broadcast Technician. This candidate would work variable hours. Reporting to the Technology, Radio & IT Support, Director, the ideal candidate would assume the following responsibilities:
- Planning, set-up, operation and return of broadcast equipment needed for live broadcasts outside of the normal studio locations;
- Responsible to maintain, clean up and regular inventory of remote equipment;
- Operate analog and digital equipment and perform basic troubleshooting to restore, maintain or fix gear to ensure remote operations in a timely manner;
- Setup public address equipment for promotional, community or client event, which includes live announcement;
- May need to set up tents and signage and participate in event and remote planning sessions that include site inspections;
- Perform light station tasks such as replenishing photocopy paper, putting away deliveries such as tents and banner rolls and other technical areas such as assisting the engineering department and staff.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of one (1) year relevant experience;
- Post-secondary education in broadcasting, communications is an asset;
- A positive, friendly manner and customer service approach that will enable the successful candidate to deal with challenging situations with empathy and sincerity;
- Excellent knowledge of the English language. Solid French-language skills.
- Multi-tasked, organized, detail oriented people person.
- Great sense of autonomy and initiative
- Flex hours required.
- Valid Quebec driver’s license.