Reporting to the Development Director, the selected candidate will provide support to the development and communications departments, in order to maximize revenues to further the mission and projects in the Quebec region. They should have experience in marketing writing, communications and be familiar with the philanthropic community, allowing them to effectively manage the execution of their mandates.
The person selected for this position should be dynamic, enthusiastic, cooperative, organized, highly motivated and have an excellent team spirit. They will have to write and communicate mainly in English but must have a satisfactory level of proficiency in French.
Main responsibilities of the position
- Support the Development Director and all other members of the development and communications teams in managing partnerships, retaining existing donors and seeking new donors.
- Participate in the development of presentation and promotion materials, which will promote the mission, the various projects and donation options.
- Ensure that reports and updates on the situation of donors and partners or any other form of reporting for the NCC and Quebec national offices are completed, as requested.
Proposals and follow-up with donors and partners
- Manage the development, writing and adaptation of proposals and any other material used to solicit and retain donors, or brand visibility, as requested by the Development Director.
- Promote a written communication style with a marketing approach.
- Develop and coordinate the development of support tools and promotional materials that can be used for advocacy meetings (solicitations, project fact sheets, donation options, letters of thanks, etc.).
- Develop and manage the distribution schedule and write and monitor different types of correspondence for donors to ensure quality service.
- Coordinate, plan and implement a donor recognition strategy based on the different donation levels and options (phone calls, letters of correspondence and thanks, etc.).
- In collaboration with the development and communications departments, develop, write and manage sponsorship plans for the organization of events.
- Ensure that the necessary follow-ups are carried out diligently with donors and partners.
Research and briefing notes
- Manage profile search requests with the national office and ensure the accuracy of briefing notes produced for events or meetings with current or potential donors.
- Provide all necessary support for the administrative processes of the development department.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of the various events.
- Maintain cordial and effective relations with NCC's national office, employees of the Quebec office and volunteer teams.
- Perform any other related tasks as requested by the Development Director.
The candidate must have the following training and qualifications :
- Excellent command of English and good understanding of French, both oral and written.
- Proven ability to think strategically and adapt writing style to different audiences.
- Ability to process and manage highly confidential information.
- Intellectual rigour, attention to detail and precision.
- Ability to identify needs and take action within the prescribed timeframe.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work with tight deadlines.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends on occasion.
- Team spirit.
- Software proficiency: o MS Office (Word and Excel) o Database o Raiser’s Edge (an asset)
- Interest in the environment.
- University education in marketing communication, in a sector related to development or fundraising, or equivalent work experience.
- Relevant and proven experience in developing and writing proposals, or any other type of document that may address different audiences.
- Proficiency in word processing software and the MS Office suite.
Full-time employment contract. Salary band: 3 Place of work: Montreal
NCC offers competitive compensation and benefits.
Revised February 2019
The start date for this full-time position is planned for April 2019, depending on availability.
Send your CV and cover letter in PDF format by email, no later than March 21, 2019, via the form. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in working with the Nature Conservancy of Canada. For more information on projects in Quebec, please visit our website at www.natureconservancy.ca.