WB Games Montréal seeks a Studio Communications Advisor to join its team. The Studio Communications Advisor is responsible for elaborating and maintaining a global communications strategy which enhances the studio’s culture, mission and values, employee recognition, and knowledge sharing, while uniting and engaging studio members to achieve strategic goals aligned with WB Games Montréal's business objectives.
The Studio Communications Advisor is responsible for developing and managing the studio’s internal and external communication strategy.
The Studio Communications Advisor manages and coordinates internal and external communications, working with key internal stakeholders and Executives to develop and deliver innovative, high-impact strategies, activities and events in line with the studio's values and mission statement. On a regular basis, the Studio Communications Advisor wears many hats, functioning as a strategist, creative consultant, advisor, copywriter, editor, translator and coordinator in areas of Public Relations and Public Affairs.
Internal Communications strategy
- Develop internal communications that are integrated within the studio’s overall communication strategies, addressing transitions/change management and ongoing and newly developed programs. Materials to be produced include, but are not limited to: communication plans, emails, posts and articles on the intranet, digital signage, guidelines, speaking points and training materials and corporate presentations.
- Develop and manage the studio’s internal communications channels such as the intranet, TVs and emails to employees.
- Produce, translate, deliver and/or review all internal communications, coordinating execution with internal and external resources as needed.
- Partner and support the HR Team with internal communications related to recruiting, onboarding, retention events, branding of Studio’s image, university relations, social media strategy…
- Partner and support the Studio’s leaders with anything related to communication, in order to impact positively the business
- Support multiple internal communications initiatives, including writing, editing, and event planning.
- Integrate the studio's Dev Teams and provide them with guidance in terms of communications, and work with them to identify opportunities to recognize team members and share knowledge.
- Anticipate challenges and be resourceful to recommend efficient and achievable solutions to ensure success.
- Partner with the studio's Finance team to determine financial requirements (budgets) for each program/initiative and execute them within the established budgets
External Communications strategy
- Coordinate PR/Media Relations activities with the studio's local external PR firm. Materials to be produced include, but are not limited to: press releases, media invitations, bios, Q&As, speaking points and other PR/Media relations material. In hand with Corp PR
- Manage the development and implementation of internal and external communications campaigns, strategies, programs and high impact studio and industry events.
- Coordinate Public/Government Affairs activities with external stakeholders on special files (announcements, commissions, associations, panels and other events). Materials to be produced include, but are not limited to: letters, bios, Q&As, speaking points and other corporate material.
- Handle incoming requests from employees and ensure they are met both promptly and thoroughly.
- Monitor employee feedback and topics of discussion to identify communication opportunities.
- Refine core messaging to ensure organizational consistency, alignment and compliance in all aspects of communication including development, organizing and dissemination of internal and external messages.
- Propose, develop and manage Corporate Visibility and Branding Initiatives internally and externally
- Gather feedback on the effectiveness of communication strategies and tools through surveys, feedback sessions and metrics.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing communications, or related discipline.
- 7-10 years communications experience within a corporate environment required.
- Experience within the video games industry is a strong preference
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the Quebec video games industry.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of Quebec's unique culture, media landscape, and business community.
- Bilingual with excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills in French and in English.
- Proficiency with MS Office, the candidate will also be expected to get comfortable with different website and intranet content management tools or other software.
- Experience in writing for web content and other communications material.
- Experience in writing for PR and Public Affairs communications material
- Ability to manage simultaneous projects and meet strict deadlines.
- Strong organization skills, autonomy and self-discipline.
- Interest to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Requires a self-starter with high level of initiative.
- Strong sense of responsibility and discretion.
- Must be a resourceful and creative problem solver.
- Ability to drive organizational change.