Digital Media Coordinator
Reel One Entertainment / Première Bobine is one of the largest suppliers in the world of highly commercial TV movies and series. We have offices in Montreal, Vancouver, Los Angeles and London (UK).
We are looking for an Digital Media Coordinator to join our Distribution team in our Montreal office.
The Digital Media Coordinator is an entry level position where your job will be to support our Distribution Department with your skills by preparing our movies digitally in various formats and specifications, reviewing technical materials, coordinating technical evaluations of our movies, manipulating film files & transferring data to various platforms. This position will allow the right candidate to learn and understand the complete process of Film Distribution from the incoming production to the outgoing sale worldwide.
Who You Are:
You have 1 to 2 years' relevant experience
- You have knowledge of audio and video technical specifications including various formats such as Quicktime and MXF
- You are at ease with a Mac and have experience using an editing software such as Final Cut or Premiere (although this role does not consist of any creative editing)
- You are familiar with data transfer platforms such as Signiant
- You are willing to learn new tools and put your technical knowledge to work in an exciting industry.
- You are super organized and have a knack for tracking
- You are able to contribute in a close-knit team environment and are a great communicator, but you are also perfectly comfortable working autonomously and can get the job done
- You are a multi-tasker and can work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- You take on each day with a great attitude
- You are bilingual and have very strong communication skills (written and verbal) in the English language
- Collecting and reviewing digital materials (Quicktime, audio files, trailers)
- Coordinating technical evaluations (QC) of incoming digital files
- Reviewing QC reports & re-delivered movies to ensure fixes complete
- Preparing outgoing digital deliveries worldwide to various clients according to technical specifications via various platforms
- Manipulating and/or packaging masters for specific customer needs
- Creating screeners for sales
- Archiving materials & assets