Are you the one who will unveil the best-kept secret in the international meetings and trade show industry?
With the help of the Vice-President of Marketing and Development, the CEO and the Artistic Director you will be in charge of communications, of the development of all the communications and promotional tools, of our corporate website, of our presence on social media, of generating editorial content, of our participation to industry events (trade shows, contests, sponsorships, etc.), and Sherpa Public Relations.
The successful candidate will contribute to our communications plan and carry it out, and will generate powerful content for all our platforms and will develop all the collaterals and tools for our sales personnel and our partners.
The Communications Officer is responsible for the Sherpa Brand, it’s identity and conveying our values, our successes, and benefits.
You will work with an almost blank canvas because until now, we’ve mostly grown through word of mouth and we’ve not been active in terms of marketing and communications. Furthermore, we are currently in the process of revisiting our corporate image and branding.
This is a unique opportunity not to be missed since, despite our lack of marketing and communications, we’ve managed to become the most important player in our industry. Imagine what our growth will be when we finally spread the word about the best-kept secret in our industry!
The Sherpa Communications Officer is in charge of many projects:
- Assess and analyze our communications needs;
- Develop our communications programs to promote Sherpa and increase visibility with our target markets;
- Develop communications strategies to improve engagement and stimulate growth;
- Proactively manage Sherpa’s web site;
- Setup and maintain a content calendar for our various platforms and keep watch of Sherpa’s and our competitors’ visibility and activities on these platforms;
- Devise and produce various contents in English and if possible in French(you will have to measure the efficiency of the various types of contents);
- Produce performance reports and make recommendations for future projects;
- Devise, write, produce and review promotional material;
- Organize Sherpa’s participation in key industry events (trade shows, contests, sponsorships, etc.);
- Set up and maintain a database of all our communications contacts (media, partners, clients, subscription lists, etc.);
- Make sure that Sherpa’s communications are coherent with our communications plans, our image, our corporate identity, and our values;
- Produce and publish press releases and press reviews.
- University degree in communications, marketing, journalism (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in communications or advertising;
- Bilingualism in English and French (oral and written);
- Strong writing skills in English with proven experience in B2B content production (website, posts, blogs, emails, advertisements, case studies, etc.)
- Writing skills in French are considered an asset;
- Proven experience with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, etc.)
- Basic skills in SEO and SEM
- Experience in social communities and networks management;
- Good proficiency of Content Management Systems (CMS) like Hootsuite, MailChimp, and WordPress;
- Excellent proficiency of Word, PowerPoint or Keynote;
- Knowledge of analytics tools (ex.: Google Analytics);
- Excellent analysis and synthesis skills for business needs and business issues;
- Ease to make recommendations and offer refreshing solutions;
- Great team player attitude and great people skills to forge and maintain solid relationships with all the stakeholders;
- Ease to work with tight schedules and deal with last minute changes and manage several projects at once;
- Great entrepreneurial skills (you have initiative and are autonomous);
- Experience in the meetings or trade show industry, with start-ups or technologies, is an asset;
- Desire to keep up to date with the latest technologies and best practices;
- Creativity and attention to details.
Sherpa is a spirited and quickly growing company. We are now the first provider in the world for the international conference and trade show industry. We specialize in the development of platforms for mobile applications for the largest and most demanding conferences and tradeshows in the US, Europe, Middle East, and Asia. We also develop many related products: analytics platforms, indoor geolocation services, matchmaking, social interaction, and automated recommendations services.
Why Join Sherpa?
- Because if we managed to become the premier vendor for the largest meetings and tradeshow organizers in the world with close to none communications and marketing, imagine what we’ll achieve with you onboard!
- Because we are among those who define the new trends in our industry.
- Our projects and clients are really exciting, our teams and work environment are stimulating, dynamic and casual.
- Because we constantly strive to improve our mobile and Web platforms and we’re always starting new projects that expand the boundaries.
- We offer a lot of flexibility and a great benefits package.
- We offer a competitive salary based on experience and track record.
- Our team is one of the best and you will love being part of it!
If this sounds like a place where you’ll thrive, we should talk!
Human Resources Team
306 St-Zotique East, Suite 200, Montreal, QC, H2S 1L6
or via the form.
We’re about to move to a brand new location at 4200 St-Laurent (corner of Rachel)
Please note that we will contact only the candidates that are selected for an interview. Thank you for your comprehension.